Morris Animal Refuge is pairing with Valanni for a pre-event Happy Hour to get ready for their annual Fur Ball fundraising event. The party is getting started tonight at 1229 Spruce Street, in Valanni's private dining room. From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., specials will include $3 Yuengling drafts, $5 glasses of wine and $5 made-to-order cocktails. There will be free hors d'oeuvres for all and in lieu of cover, donations are requested. Whatever you give will be greatly appreciated and aid Morris in getting the 2013 Fur Ball fundraising rolling.
So, go have fun and help Morris and Valanni prep for the big event, which raises money to keep Morris in the business of saving and advocating for Philadelphia's homeless animals and adopting them out to the best homes (ed note. My first adoption ever was in August 1999 and the puppy I was lucky enough to take home is going strong at 13.5 years old. Morris pets are built to last and love.)
Another way to help Morris out is freeing up a spot in their Center City shelter by taking one of their pets home. Check out the Morris adoptables here in the slideshow and on their site. Also, 'like' their Facebook page and follow them on Twitter for the latest in adoptables and upcoming events.
For more information on Happy Hour and the 2013 Fur Ball, plus directions and available pets, see these links:
- Morris Animal Refuge, available adoptables, adoption details and online or downloadable application.
- Map and directions to the shelter at 1242 Lombard Street
- Morris's pet listings on petfinder.com
- Valanni website, with details about the venue and directions
- The 2013 Fur Ball homepage, get details and tickets for the 16th annual event, this year on February 16