Savannah-based Unwind Yarn & Gifts is being recognized as one of the grand prize winners in the Comcast Business “Innovations 4 Entrepreneurs” program. This is a national competition that is warding more than $600,000 in cash and services to deserving entrepreneurs who are using technology to run their business and bring it to profitability.
Per Comcast Business, here is what the prize winners will receive:
A $20,000 cash award as well as an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City where they will receive one-on-one consulting with nationally recognized business experts: Marcus Lemonis, businessman, investor, TV personality and Philanthropist; Robert Irvine, Celebrity Chef and Entrepreneur; and Comcast senior executives.
Wendy Moynihan, owner, Unwind Yarn & Gifts says this whole endeavor is huge to her growing business.
“I am sure everyone here can imagine the impact of $25,000 on a small business. This cash infusion will allow me to add new yarn lines that we haven’t yet brought into the shop, simply because they weren’t in the budget.”
Moynihan accepted the award on June 26 in Savannah.
Per Comcast Business, here were the six winners and a little about their business:
- entreDonovan – Wilmington, Delaware. Makes custom clothing for professional women.
- Neiswanger Management Services – Hyattsville, Maryland. Provides management services to healthcare facilities.
- PicturePoint On-line – San Jose, California. Produces online videos for businesses, non-profits and other organizations.
- Spa La Paws – Spring, Texas. Provides mobile pet grooming services.
- Unwind Yarn and Gifts – Savannah, Georgia. Offers yarn and knitting materials.
- West Palm Animal Clinic – West Palm Beach, Florida. A full service animal hospital.
It's a big honor and a big step for these businesses.
“These six winners have compelling stories and business plans, and public voting has identified them as top entrepreneurs among our national field of entries,” said Terry Connell, senior vice president, Comcast Business.
Previously, Unwind Yarn & Gifts had won a $5,000 cash award in addition to Comcast Business Internet and Television services for two years, alongside a $2,500 allocation for additional Comcast services.
Find out more about Comcast Business at www.business.comcast.com.