September 28, 2013 marks the 39th season premiere of NBC's "Saturday Night Live." SNL's viewers had to say bye to 3 cast favorites last season (Fred Armisen, Jason Sudeikis and Bill Hader), which means producer Lorne Michaels had to find some new faces to fill in those empty dressing rooms.
The 38th season of SNL will feature 6 new cast members and will have Cecily Strong joining Seth Meyers at the Weekend Update table. Here is the list of the newest faces to join Saturday Night Live:
- Beck Bennett, of AT&T "It's not complicated" commercial fame,
- John Milhisner, a member of the Upright Citizens Brigade comedy group,
- Kyle Mooney, a member of California's comedy group Good Neighbor,
- Mike O'Brien, who was promoted to SNL actor from SNL writer,
- Noel Wells, who has appeared in College Humor videos, and
- Brookes Wheelan, who was on Comedy Central's list of 10 comedians to watch.
If some of these names don't ring a bell, USAToday.com has some video footage that showcases each of the 6 newbies comedic skills.
Remember to set your DVRs for September 28th at 11:30pm EST to see these comedians, along with the returning cast members, do what they do best. The host will be none other than SNL's favorite Sarah Palin impersonator, Tina Fey, with musical guest Arcade Fire.