Family violence occurs across the spectrum of society, including the Muslim community. On Saturday, March 15 at 6 p.m. the Makoy Center, 5462 Center Street in Hilliard is hosting a fundraising dinner for Project Sakinah, a grassroots movement aimed at transforming attitudes and behaviors in Muslim families around the issue of domestic violence.
Topics covered will include Muslim foster care, the Muslim Youth Mentor Program, and other programs and events to nurture healthy relationships within Muslim families in Columbus and nationwide.
Speakers at the dinner will include:
- Keynote speaker Dr. Asma Mobin-uddin, former president of CAIR-Ohio
- Sheikh Abdel Rouf, MAS Dallas
- Melissa Cropper, Ohio Federation of Teachers
- Janet Monseur-Durr, Hilliard City School District
- Anas Coburn, Project Sakinah
- Zerqa Abid, Project Sakinah
Project Sakinah is a national initiative of Dar al Islam, a non-profit 501c3 organization. All donations are tax deductible and zakat eligible.