Eat local foods, even in winter. Celebrate local food producers and artisans at Milwaukee’s Winter Farmers Market at State Fair Park on Saturday mornings through April 13. The vendors may vary, but you’ll always find delicious prepared breakfasts brunch items and locally grown and created foods and products. Here’s a great way to spend your Saturdays from 8-12.
- Shop for small batch hard ciders, orchard table wines, sparkling champagnes, fruit dessert wines and unique spirits (sorghum whiskey, apple brandy).
- Choose traditional gourmet pastries, muffins, doughnuts, treats and savory dishes from cherished family recipes.
- Select fresh breads, caramel sauces, crackers and soups.
- Find local staples including meats, eggs and frozen corn.
- Savor the glorious cheese (yes they usually have fresh curds).
- Celebrate Wisconsin’s resources: the people and products of Southeast Wisconsin.
Support your community
Eating local is fresher and more nutritious than produce traveling long distances. Eating local produce is better for the environment. Less travel means less fuel usage to get to your plate.
Local food means more options: you’re not stuck with produce grown for good travel and shelf life. You’re rewarded with products grown and produced for their excellence. Eating local produce keeps family farms and the rural landscape alive. See you at State Fair Park on Saturday morning!