While appearing on Monday's edition of Fox News' "Hannity," former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin blasted President Obama, telling Sean Hannity the president is known for wearing mom jeans while Russian President Vladimir Putin is known for wrestling bears.
“People are looking at Putin as one who wrestles bears and drills for oil,” she said. “They look at our president as one who wears mom jeans and equivocates and bloviates.”
Politico said the comments came days after a photograph showed Obama reportedly talking to the Russian leader while wearing blue jeans.
Palin also told Hannity America is not a country the world wants to emulate right now “because of Obama’s weak leadership, leading from behind."
As a result, she said, countries are taking advantage of U.S. weakness, which she blamed on Obama's failure to understand the concept of "peace through strength."
“Anybody who carries the common-sense gene knows that Putin doesn’t change his stripes,” she added, telling Hannity Putin "wants to exert huge power and dominance."
In 2008, Palin accurately predicted Putin would move into Ukraine and was soundly denounced by elites in the media.
"Yes, I could see this one from Alaska," she wrote on Facebook. "I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as 'an extremely far-fetched scenario' by the 'high-brow' Foreign Policy magazine. Here’s what this 'stupid' 'insipid woman' predicted back in 2008: 'After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next.'"
Not only was Palin right about Ukraine, she was right about the connection between energy and prosperity, Politico admitted.
"Those countries like Russia that develop their natural resources can strengthen their military and influence in the world, she said, insisting that America needs to move forward on the Keystone XL pipeline," Natalie Villacorta wrote.
Other liberal media outlets have been forced to eat crow over comments made by Palin and Mitt Romney regarding Russia, as we reported earlier today.
- Liberal New Republic admits: Mitt Romney was right on Russia
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow blames George Bush for Ukraine
- Childish: Obama admin takes swipe at George W. Bush in comment about Putin
- Report: President Obama misses national security meeting on Russia, Ukraine
- Madeleine Albright: Democrats will blame Bush ‘forever’
- Connecticut company releases Obama SEAL action figure ‘Rambama’
- Poll: Only 17 percent see President Obama as a strong military leader
- Did President Obama give a top secret military drone to Iran?
- President Obama fiddles as the world burns
- UK paper asks: Is Barack Obama the weakest President in history?
- Obama angers many with reference to ‘my military’