Although the holiday season is a time of joy, it can also be a stressful month for busy parents. According to Better Health Channel, the expense of gifts and food, the pressure of shopping, and high expectations to produce a postcard-perfect holiday for the entire family can all add up to one giant headache. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. When parents learn to stress less and live in the moment of the holiday season, Christmas becomes more enjoyable and magical for all. To start you on the path, here is a silly Christmas video and some funny Christmas jokes for kids and the young at heart.
For a laugh out loud funny, sure-fire stress reliever, be sure to watch a funny compilation of silly Christmas videos from “America’s Funniest Videos.” For the last 24 years, “AFV” has looked at the lighter side of life. It’s the longest running primetime entertainment show and has become a part of American pop culture. In Atlanta, “AFV” airs every Sunday night at 7 p.m. EST on ABC. Don’t forget to check out the funny Christmas video above and to the left.
Christmas Jokes for Kids
When the pressure mounts, sit down with your kids to share a laugh. You’ll be surprised how laughter can let you forget about the ever-growing holiday to-do list. For the Christmas season, below are a few jokes from Activity Village and Kids Spot.
- Q: What goes Oh-Oh-Oh? A: Santa walking backwards
- Q: Who is Santa’s most famous elf? A: Elfvis!
- Q: Why does Santa have a garden? A: Because he likes to ho-ho-ho
- Q: Why was Santa’s little helper depressed? A: Because he had low elf esteem
- Q: What do you call Santa’s dog? A: Santa Paws
- Q: What do you get if you deep-fry Santa? A: Crisp Cringle!
- Q: What do the elves learn at school? A: The ELF-abet
- Q: How many presents can Santa fit into an empty sack? A: Only one – after that it’s not empty anymore.
- Q: Where does a snowman keep his money? A: In a snow bank
- Q: How do you scare a snowman? A: Get a hair dryer
- Q: What Christmas carol is a favorite of parents? A: Silent Night
- Q: What does Santa clean his sleigh with? A: Comet
- Q: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire? A: Frostbite
- Q: What kind of bug hates Christmas? A: A humbug
- Q: What did Mrs. Claus say to Santa when she looked into the sky? A: Looks like rain, dear.
- Q: What is Santa’s favorite candy? A: Jolly Ranchers
If you’re looking for some family fun in Atlanta this Christmas season, the options abound. Snow Mountain and a Stone Mountain Christmas are now open. Plus, a drive through Lake Lanier's Magical Nights of Lights is a wonderful way to catch the holiday spirit. If crowds are not your thing, try turning on some traditional Christmas music, gathering the family in the kitchen and baking up some holiday treats. Your kids will remember this experience long after they unwrap the presents.
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Do you have a story idea? I'd love to hear from you! E-mail your ideas to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.