The 2012 edition of the SF Chronicle Wine Competition set a new record with 5,500 entries, breaking its last year record of 5,050. For nine years in a row this reputable competition remains the “Largest Competition of American Wines in the World.” Join the annual tradition and taste the participating wines in the competition at the Festival Pavilion, Fort Mason Center in San Francisco from 2-5 p.m. on February 18, 2012.
Have a great time sipping wonderful wines from over 800 wineries and tasting delicious food with family and friends at Fort Mason, while enjoying gorgeous views of the Golden Gate Bridge that is celebrating its 75th anniversary. To buy tickets for the event click in the following link: Buy tickets now.
The winners of the competition were announced online on January 6, 2011. The big six Sweepstake winning wineries were:
- Sparkling: 2006 Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blancs Carneros ($28)
- White: Pink: 2011 Barnard Griffin Columbia Valley Rosé of Sangiovese ($12)
- Red: 2008 McGrail Vineyards & Winery Reserve Livermore Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($36)
- Dessert: 2010 Castello di Amorosa Anderson Valley Late Harvest Gewurztraminer ($35)
- Label: Mutt Lynch Winery, 2009 Out of Reach Muttitage
For a complete list of Sweepstake, Best of Class, Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal winning wineries from over 5,500 entries please visit: SFCWC award medal winning wines.