Are you an asthma sufferer who avoids the mountains because of the icy winds and freezing weather? Instead of hiking up to the cold, windy mountains, there is a fun alternative in the West San Fernando Valley.
Woodland Hills Ice has set up an outdoor holiday ice skating rink in the parking lot of the Westfield Promenade, located at 6100 Topanga Canyon Boulevard (at Erwin Street), Woodland Hills, 91367.
Featuring over 7000 square feet of real ice, Woodland Hills Ice offers:
- Daily ice skating, seven days a week
- Special Events, including:
- Free Skate Day - December 14 from 3-5pm, with a 5:00 ribbon cutting ceremony with Councilman Dennis Zine, skating exhibition and Santa on ice
- Date Night - December 17
- Family Night - January 14 (Family of 4 skates for $45)
- Closing Ceremonies - February 19
The rink also hosts birthday parties, holiday activities, skating lessons and more throughout the holidays until February 21, 2010.
Costs start at $11 for children 12 and under, $13 for students/seniors, and $15 for adults, which includes skate rental. Frequent skater cards are also available.
Check out their website for more information and remember to wear your warm winter clothes and take necessary medication!