Where’s a good spot to watch the Chargers opener on Monday Night Football? How about Qualcom? How much can you spend for the home opener? Well, nose bleed with a view on the 50 yard line will run about $90.00 while the same level end zone seats can be had for $60.00 and there are still a few seats left so with beers running about $8.00 per and parking going for $25.00 (in the nose bleed of parking – outer ring) and food and drink runs another $80.00 per trip to the concession stand and that’s if you are frugal about the evening entertainment and only buying for you not a friend or kid... so the point is easily one could budget half the cost of opening day at Qualcom and still take $125.00 out to the corner sports bar, live large (r) and enjoy yourself considerably more... but still I wonder where would I go for a good sports bar tonight?
Honestly there are plenty of great sports bars in San Diego where one would have a great time with $125.00 to spend tonight...
• Hacienda Casa Blanca (http://haciendacasablanca.com/)
• Hooley’s Irish Pub (http://www.hooleys.com/)
• McGregors http://mcgregors.signonsandiego.com/
• Nicky Rottens http://mcgregors.signonsandiego.com/
• Bub’s http://bubsdive.com/
• Cali Comfort http://www.calicomfortsd.com/
• Eastbound http://eastboundbarandgrill.com/
• Yard House http://www.yardhouse.com
• East Village Tavern http://www.tavernbowl.com/
• High Dive Bar & Grill http://highdivesd.com/
With $125.00 in hand and ready to spend it all you can go to any (maybe all for that much money) of the above 10 hot spots and really enjoy the game tonight.
The point is though, go out tonight and cheer on the Chargers home opener. I want to see San Diego maintain their hold on the NFL and we need to get totally absorbed into the culture. Today I watched a caravan of 5-6 heading west on I-8 all with Texas plates. They are true fans coming to San Diego to spend their hard earned Texas dollars in San Diego because it is a great place. We should maintain one of our economic engines, that being the San Diego Chargers and hold them near and dear.