Shortly after 9 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 11, 2013, shots were fired in San Diego at the San Marcos Edwards 18 Cinema movie theater. The shots came from the outside of San Diego’s San Marcos Edwards movie theater. 10News reports during its 11 p.m. news broadcast on Jan. 11, 2013, that law enforcement is at full force and that helicopters as well as ground deputies are searching for the shooters.
One female San Diego theater employee at the Edwards 18 Cinema in San Marcos was injured by either a grazing shot or by the glass that was shattered by the shot. The female employee was taken to the hospital and the latest report says that her injuries are not critical.
According to the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department at 11 p.m., it is not clear whether the San Marcos theater shooting was intentional, whether it was a drive-by shooting, or whether the theater shooting was related to a fight that took place across the street.
Witnesses in the San Marcos movie theater report that they heard four shots shortly after 9 p.m.
Many San Marcos Edwards 18 Cinema theater movie guests, however, are not aware that anything happened and San Diego’s San Marcos Edwards 19 movie theater is continuing as usual. The movie theater was not evacuated. Only the area where the shooting occurred has been closed off.
As of 11:30 p.m., no suspects have been arrested and the massive response from law enforcement is continuing with helicopters above the San Marcos Edwards 19 Cinema movie theater and ground searches by deputies.
Law enforcement officials emphasize that the shots were fired from outside the theater and not from inside the theater.
More articles by this author…
- 2012 Businessperson of the Year: 10 surprise facts about Amazon.com’s Jeff Bezos (Slide Show)
- Green Monday 2012: How to get the best Green Monday deals in 3 easy steps
- Cyber Monday 2012: How to get the best Cyber Monday deals in 3 easy steps
- Discover ShopDiscover.com: How to ‘shop & earn money’ in 3 easy steps
- Cheap gas prices: Where to find the cheapest gas price in your area
- How to get last-minute Christmas sales & deals in 3 easy steps, coupons all year
- 'Downton Abbey’ sweepstakes entry form link, info to win trip to London
- Zorb ride, giant inflatable ball ride, ends deadly in Russia (Video)
- Coyotes attack man in his back yard: How to live with coyotes
- Discovery of ‘Pain Gene’ brings new personalized pain treatment
- Apocalypse: Will the end of the world happen on Dec. 21, 2012, or Dec. 23, 2012?
- End of the world: How NASA and the world prepares for Dec. 21, 2012
- End of the world: Liu Qiyuan fulfills promise to his daughter, builds capsule
- FCC rule goes into effect today: TV commercials cannot be louder than TV show
- Anais Fournier lawsuit, Monster Energy drink: A potentially silent killer
- Flu outbreak: How to protect yourself, San Diego’s 2nd flu-related death
- Junior Seau’s suicide due to chronic football brain damage (Video)
- Flu outbreak: Smartphones spread flu virus
- How to disable or uninstall Java: U.S. Homeland Security Java warning
- Egypt’s President Mohammed Morsi: A one-man democracy
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Can the world exhale? 'Air raid sirens could be heard'
- Pork recipes: The ‘pork recipe’ Consumer Reports does not recommend
- Video games and the Museum of Modern Art: ‘Pac-Man instead of Picasso’
- Facebook users to vote on privacy by Dec. 10, 2012: Extremely important
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez: Cancer has returned, keeps faith
- American doctor rescued from Taliban: ‘We were concerned for his life’
- Latest update: Rescued American doctor was among 3 Taliban hostages
- SEAL Team 6 member killed by single gunshot to the head in helicopter assault
- Strauss-Kahn settles with sexual assault accuser
- Gun control: Oregon 7-graders seize gun in movie theater
- Computer-savvy 99-year-old grandmother fights crime
- California law to ban gay conversion therapy has been stopped
- ‘Fiscal cliff’ deal agreement reached, vote expected to be retroactive
- Facebook password law, Twitter password law, and unique other new laws for 2013
- President Barack Obama’s fight for the middle class: What is the middle class?
- Lottery winner’s cyanide death ruled homicide, body exhumed for tests, arrest
- Ferry crash in New York: With ‘full speed right into the pier’
- Latest update: Oregon mall shooting, shooter kills himself, 2 others, 1 injured
- Oregon mall shooting: ‘The heroes were the mall employees’
- Aurora shooting motive: Sonny Archuleta kills 3, woman survives by jumping
- James Holmes: Aurora shooting new details revealed by 8 people on first day
- James Holmes Aurora shooting preliminary hearing: What is the real motive?
- Taft classroom shooter arrested, used shotgun, planned more shooting (Video)
- Chihuahua puppy survives 80-foot fall
- San Diego: San Marcos movie theater shooting on Friday, Jan. 11, 2013
Connecticut School Shooting:
- Emotional disabilities in children: A silent killer
- Connecticut school shooting: The world’s response, ‘Death be not proud’
- Connecticut school shooting: One girl hid in blood, played dead, sole survivor
- APA: How to help Sandy Hook’s children deal with the Connecticut school shooting
- How to support Newtown to become ‘Newcountry’ in Washington
- Gohmert: Sandy Hook’s principal should have had ‘an m-4 in her office’
- Connecticut school shooting: Guns in schools, movies, malls after Sandy Hook
- Connecticut school shooting: A Sandy Hook Bushmaster in ‘Disney Princess design’
- Where and how to report scams: Sandy Hook scammers prey on Noah Pozner’s family
- Sandy Hook: What would you do? Newtown drowns in teddy bears (Video)
- Nancy Lanza, Adam Lanza’s DNA: Psychopath or sociopath
- Adam Lanza, Nancy Lanza: Why more Newtown lawsuits will follow Sandy Hook
- Sandy Hook $100 million lawsuit has been withdrawn
- Connecticut school shooting: Lanza shot mother in face, left clean room behind
- A killer’s profile: Why Adam Lanza killed innocent children
- Nancy Lanza: Profile of a killer’s mother
- Adam Lanza, Nancy Lanza: Questions and answers
- Erika Menendez, Adam Lanza: ‘Difficult to deal with’
- Man lived with dead girlfriend for over 6 months
- Connecticut school shooting: Sandy Hook reborn in new school named ‘Sandy Hook’
- Sandy Hook: How one Sandy Hook mother lives on after her son’s death
- Emotional disabilities in children: A silent killer
- Special education: What are emotional disabilities?
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Who, what, when, where, how, and why
- Learning disabilities and the National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Childhood physical abuse changes a child's brain and affects learning, behavior (Video)
- What is ADHD and how does it differ from OCD?
- Special Education: Federal Appeals Court rules for special education student
- Whitney Houston and Randy Travis: Alcohol and the lost ‘Sparkle’ of childhood (Video)
- Rosie O’Donnell and her childhood: ‘i am lucky to be here’ (Video)
- Lady Gaga, Kirstie Alley and a message to girls: ‘There's an insanity here’
- Katie Couric’s bulimia: ‘I wasn’t good enough or attractive enough'
- Lady Gaga’s bulimia: ‘I didn’t fit in, and I felt like a freak.’
- Lady Gaga’s Twitter post: Fighting fiction with facts, ‘vernacular’ or ‘slut’?
- Lady Gaga: Eating disorder, bulimia, anorexia, which one is it?
- Lindsay Lohan crosses the continent: From New York to Los Angeles
- Maybe this time: Lindsay Lohan to spend 245 days in jail
- Singer Jenni Rivera missing plane found, no survivors
- How a player became a pawn: Kim Kardashian’s TV reality in Bahrain’s reality
- Larry Hagman’s death: Co-star at his death bed, ‘You die the way you live’
- The power, legacy of Steven Spielberg’s dyslexia in 60 Minutes: ‘I own my fear'
- George Lucas' near-death experience: One moment in heaven, a lifetime on earth
- George Lucas’ near-death experience: George Lucas’ and Disney’s win-win deal
- The nature of dyslexia: Tom Cruise, Anthony Hopkins, Keira Knightley, Joe Wright
- Anna Karenina, Keira Knightley’s dyslexia: How Keira’s parents got her to read
- Dyslexia comes to life in ‘Anna Karenina’: Keira Knightley, Joe Wright
- Behind-the-scenes Tom Cruise: Did Suri Cruise inherit Tom Cruise’s dyslexia?
- Behind-the-scenes: 4 things Carrie Underwood shares with Maria, ‘Sound of Music’
- Behind-the-scenes Michael Phelps: Why Michael Phelps dumped Megan Rossee
- Justin Bieber sends ‘thoughts and prayers’ and Interstate 405 is a death trap
- The 10 most-viewed ‘celebrity homes’ in 2012 (Photos)
- Kate Middleton’s hospitalization continues and taken seriously
- Kate Middleton pregnancy update: Prince William smiling
- James Middleton, Kate’s brother, owns his dyslexia: ‘I wouldn’t change a thing’
- Princess Diana: Her childhood, legacy, love for Prince Harry, William, the world
- Prince Harry’s classy mother: 'My God, what’s happened?'