Living on an island is a wonderful thing to do and most people agree when they come to Maui that they would love to live here.
Fortunately, not that many of them make that choice because of ties with family, jobs and the usual suspects.
However, having said that, it's also great to get off the rock now and then.
One of my favorite places to visit is San Diego, California. There are terrific reasons to choose San Diego as your vacation destination, no mater where in the world you live for some great reasons that I am going to inform you about.
San Diego has a wonderful, temperate climate compared to most other places.
There are some attractions that are standouts.
1. Balboa Park. This park in the heart of San Diego is home to a number of top notch museums, The Old Globe Theatre, A world class Zoo, botanical gardens and a delightful place that you could lose yourself for a few days in.
I am going to go into more of an in depth look into these attractions in a future article. This is just some food for thought to warm you up to visiting this interesting California city.
2. I mentioned The San Diego Zoo, which is part of this area of land. It is rated one of the top zoo's in the Country and rightly so. I love the Panda's.
3. The is also a Safari Park, in San Diego County and an affiliate. It's in the Escondido area, and there is a tran ride to view these safari type animals that have room to roam. More on this later, after I take a visit to that park over the next few weeks.
4. LegoLand California. I am excited to visit here as it will be a first visit for me and I will have plenty to report to you. This attraction is in North County San Diego in the Carlsbad area.
5. The famous USS Midway over in San Diego Harbor near one of my all time favorite restaurants, Anthony's Fish Grotto that also has a La Mesa sister restaurant.
6. Saturday nights there is live Flamenco and a dinner show in the GasLamp district of San Diego. I am an aficionado of this dance form. I hear the food is terrific and I am looking forward to this night out at Cafe Sevilla.
7. Sea World, San Diego. Who isn't familiar with this attraction and sea life park right off of Mission Bay.
8. The Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. Last time I looked, I saw some amazing sea horses there.
There are so many wonderful opportunities for walks and hikes and I have listed for you a number of the top attractions and will be revisiting these in more detail upon my return from a visit to San Diego County. I just wanted to give you a taste of some of the best choices and attractions that will be well worth your time. There is also a National Monument, Cabrillo Light House that you can tour.
I am excited to share details in my upcoming articles of these awesome attractions. Just giving you a taste of what is to come and you can explore their web sites on your own, in case you don't want to wait for my recommendations and reviews and with the great deal on airfares right now, you might want to head over and have a look for yourself.