On Thursday March 14th, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S4 which made the iPhone look small, because this phone looks and sounds like king of the jungle of smartphones! J.K. Shin, Samsung's President and Head of IT and Mobile Communications opened the presentation, talking about innovation and how the Galaxy S4 is like a life compantion, which makes this the ultimate, most innovative smartphone. Below are some of the great benefits of this must-have "life companion," friend and smartphone:
- Samsung Galaxy S4's Smart Scroll, is so smart, that it call logs and text messages with just a tilt of users' wrist.
- Users can instruct the smartphone with a quick swipe of the hand above the screen, without having to touch it, which is outstanding. For ex., if a parent is multi-tasking, such as feeding a child and reading the newspaper, one can still answer a VIP call without having to stop feeding the baby, simply by waving a hand above the screen to answer that call!
- Multi-tasking gets even easier than ever before! Users can still attend to urgent work emails amidst important projects, simply by putting the hand over the screen.
- The Galaxy S4's dual-camera is also amazing, because it allows users to utilize the front and rear cameras simultaneously, and blend photos, so the entire family an be in the picture. Thanks to Samsung Galaxy S4, there's no more worrying about smartphones getting stolen when asking strangers to take family photos while vacationing.
- Users can include a recorded message to accompany the photos. This will be the most precious and sentimental gift one can give grandparents, and just imagine how happy (and emotional) one will feel when seeing own baby photos and hearing own voice when becoming a grandparent one day.
- Galaxy S4 has a Beauty Shot and Eraser, so users can remove unwanted people or objects from a photo, which is perfect for traveling when there may be unwanted tourist shots at busy venues. The camera senses any motion that goes through the frame and lets you choose to remove it, as if people never popped into your shot of any vacation destination!
- The device's Smart Pause, enables the S4 to automatically pause a video when it detects a user looking away, and restarts the video when user looking back at the device again.
- This phone is a global friend, because its S Translate is an intuitive and real-time translator for nine different languages! S Translate helps you with anything from reading menus to communicating with others in text or speech. During Unpacked 2013 Samsung presentation, an actor in the show asked for directions from another actor on the stage of the “Shanghai” skit. The actor typed out the question in English, the phone spoke in Chinese, so the other actor replied in Chinese, and the Galaxy S4 translated the message back into English! S Translate can translate messages in text into any one of the nine languages it supports, so users can take advantage of it to read signs on the street and menus in restaurants during travels! You can view the S4 skit about the S Translate here.
- S Voice Drive is great for those who drive and expecting an urgent call or text. S Voice Drive listens to user's voice so one can hear messages and instruct the Galasy S4 to reply while driving hands-free. Check out this S Voice Drive skit here, in which an actor instructs the S Voice Drive to read out a new message.
- This king of all smartphones can also monitor the heart rate and blood sugar!
As you can see from the above product highlights that I garnered from the Thursday Samsung Galaxy S4 presentation at Radio City Music Hall, this isn't just a any smartphone. It's a must-have to carry with you at all times, like your car and house keys, or as J.K. Shin calls it, a "life companion!"
Samsung outsold the iPhone worldwide last year, and its Galaxy S series is catching up to the iPhone’s all-time sales and will probably beat it due to the Galaxy S4, because the S4 looks like it reigns supreme out of all of Samsung's mobile phones. In the past, king of geeks and nerds love the iPhone and addicted Apple kool aid, but wait till they get a taste of Samsung's Galaxy S4! Just when you think Samsung can't get any better after it's incredible SIII and Note II (the amazing phone/tablet two-in-one) came out, it's the S4 that looks like it will be the key to the success of the Samsung smartphone business this year!
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be available in the USA on April 26th at a price of approximately $200, with a contract through AT&T or Verizon.
Samsung GALAXY S 4 Product Specifications:
Network 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; 3G (HSPA＋ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz; 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50Mbps) : up to 6 different band sets(Dependent on market)
Display 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
AP 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor / 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor; The selection of AP will be differed by markets.
OS: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Camera Main(Rear): 13 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS; Sub (Front): 2 Mega pixel camera, Full HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
Video Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark, HEVC; Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
Audio Codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC＋/eAAC＋, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X
Camera Features Main(Rear): 13 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS; Sub (Front): 2 Mega pixel camera, Full HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
Dual Camera: Dual Shot / Dual Recording/ Dual Video Call; Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, 360 Photo, Cinema Photo, Eraser, Night, Best Photo, Best Face; Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports
Additional Features: Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Document, Play Games, Story Album, S Translator, Optical Reader, Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View, Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling), Samsung WatchON, S Travel (Trip Advisor), S Voice™ Drive, S Health, Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound, Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly), Safety Assistance, Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring, Samsung KNOX (B2B only)
Google Mobile Services Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads, Voice Search
Connectivity WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80); GPS / GLONASS; NFC, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE); IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0
Sensor Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Gesture
Memory 16/ 32/ 64 GB User memory ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB), 2GB RAM
Dimension 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm, 130g
Battery 2,600 mA