Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

Saints prove no match for Seattle Seahawks in NFC division playoffs

The Seahawks led all the way to the end in a 23-15 win over New Orleans Saints.
The Seahawks led all the way to the end in a 23-15 win over New Orleans Saints.
Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images

Pass the skittles, Marshawn Lynch and the Seattle Seahawks have moved past the Saints and now have their eye on the NFC Championship. ESPN reported on Jan. 11 that the Seattle Seahawks had no problem putting screws to the New Orleans Saints in a 23-15 win.

The Seahawks will face the winner of Sunday's match up between the San Francisco 49ers and the Carolina Panthers. They are now just one win away from the Superbowl.

Marshawn Lynch was the hero of the day. With two touchdowns and 140 rushing yards, he was the only Seahawk in the end zone. The Seahawks were able to add three field goals to that in the monumental win.

Percy Harvin was back in action, for the first half at least. Harvin received the brunt of an illegal hit by Rafael Bush during the Seahawks first possession of the game. Bush was charged with hitting a defenseless receiver and Harvin was checked for a possible concussion.

Right before the second quarter ended, Harvin was popped again when he went up to catch a touchdown pass. That hit ended his playoff game time for the night as Harvin was ruled out with a concussion.

The Saints were scoreless going into the fourth quarter where it seems they finally heated up. A touchdown by Khiry Robinson followed by a Mark Ingram 2-point conversion brought New Orleans into contention.

Marques Colston then came through on a touchdown catch with only 26 seconds left in the game. In an amazing move, Colston was then able to recover the onside kick, giving the ball back to the Saints.

This is where things went wrong for the Saints. In the final seconds, Drew Brees through a bomb to Colston, who caught it and rather than running out of bounds, tried to toss the ball over to Darren Sproles. Unfortunately, it was an illegal forward pass which resulted in a penalty for the Saints and ended the game.

Report this ad