This post is a tad bit late, but it is awards season and it is quite difficult to stay on top of everything while also staying on top of other everyday tasks. I decided to take a look back and pick out some of the top looks from the Screen Actor's Guild Awards. This is one of my favorite Award shows because it is not as "formal" as the others, so the actors a lot more relaxed and quirky. Also, the fashion takes more of a fun turn as opposed to an elegant one. Here are some of the ladies that stood out on the red carpet:
- Amanda Seyfriend. She wore a gorgeous, navy blue, mermaid-style gown by Zac Posen. accented by a single silver necklace, this look was absolutely flawless. the dark blue was the perfect contrast for Amanda's pale complexion and fare hair.
- Anne Hathaway wore a black gown by Giambattista Valli. The gown was very fun and quirky even though it was black. The top was made of a see-through mesh and it had a bellowing bottom. Anne Hathaway did not have any extreme jewelry, just a ring, which was perfect because there was so much going on in the dress. Not to mention her short hair was perfect as well because nothing took away from the dress.
- Ariel Winter wore a nude pink Alex Perry dress. The top and sleeves had floral appliques that made it very earthy and whimsical. The nude color looks beautiful especially paired with her vibrant red hair.
- Freida Pinto wore a hot pink dress by Roland Mouret. the hot pink color definitely made a statement! The black belt accented her waist perfectly and was a nice contrast against the rest of the dress which was loose against her body.
- Gabby Douglas looked adorable in a mini dress by David Meister. this look is completely age appropriate for Gabby! It was sleeveless and featured a bubble skirt bottom. It had a very cool blue shiny design.
- Jennifer Larence was another starlet who opted for a navy blue gown, but she picked a darker hue than Amanda Seyfriend. Jennifer's dress was by Christian Dior. When Jennifer went up to accept her award many people thought that she experienced a "wardrobe malfunction", however, it has been verified from multiple sources that the dress actually consisted of three tiers that were connected by a see-through mesh. Therefore, what everyone saw was not a wardrobe malfunction, but rather just one of the tiers moving up exposing the mesh.
- Kaley Cuoco wore a gorgeous Romona Keveza gown. Honestly, this has got to be one of my favorite looks of the evening. The dress was a vibrant red color with a lace like design. It was the perfect a-line style and had a little belt that accented Kaley's tiny waist. the length as also very quirky and adorable and gave Kaley the opportunity to show off her velvet red shoes. A+ for this look!
- Kiernan Shipka wore a cute little number by Oscar de la Renta. This starlet also chose a nude color, but she chose a shift-dress style. The center of the dress had a playful design. I like the dress and I thought it looked very young and flattering on Kiernan's tiny physique, but I think that she should have chosen different shoes. The silver heels appear too "heavy" for the simple dress.
- Lea Michele wore a Valentino pink gown. Lea usually looks amazing, but this dress just did not flatter her at all and it looked unfinished. there was no shape to it what-so-ever.
- Nina Dobrez stunned in a coral Elie Saab gown. The gown hugged all of Nina's gorgeous curves and had gold accents going diagonally down her waist line. She paired her look with a top-knot and drop earrings.
- Sarah Hyland wore a lace purple gown by Dolce Gabbana. This is another younger starlet who wore an age appropriate gown that was full of fun and excitement. the design on the dress was gorgeous and the color was so vibrant and eye-catching. Paired with simply earrings, bracelet and a black clutch, the look could not have been any more perfect.
What wre some of your favorite looks?