Summer is still steaming with 100 degree high temperatures in San Antonio, but the school calendar does show that the kids are back in the classroom next week.
So while parents may be celebrating with a more structured routine and schedule to look forward to, here are a few reminders to keep the family safe this season.
1. Get organized the night before school, with a list for homework and lunches and clothing for each child so that the morning is less hectic.
2. Be careful on the road, watch for school buses and children walking. And keep a sharp eye for driveways and pulling into traffic. Add a few more minutes to your commute time.
3. Flu shots are being offered early this year, look for local clinics and pharmacy locations that may offer a discount.
4. Make an emergency plan for each child to have good communication and a place to go if mom and dad are not where they are suppose to be.
5. Plan a healthy menu for dinners and a quiet time to share each days events.
School days are busy for all including teachers. Take the time to enjoy.
For the latest business news and local events, click on the subscribe button above and you will receive an email alert when the next article is released.