Safer Streets 2011: Doctors against personal safety?

Comments

• Don 4 years ago

This is one of the most compelling & concise articles I have read in quite a while. The failures of logic in arguments to disarm citizens never cease to amaze the populace of liberty loving, independent Americans. I particularly appreciate the many examples of "self care" and rejection of a nanny state philosophy. This nation was built by the fiercly independent, fought for by self sacrificing and being threatened by the self serving. Our "rights" descend from God, not man. Great read.

• John, L.A. Gun Rights Examiner (for now) 4 years ago

Thanks, Don, very much.

I'll be leaving Examiner at the end of the month. Please stay in touch with me by opting-in to my safer streets commentaries with its link at the end of the article.

Liberty in sovereignty.

• Ed_in_Sac 4 years ago

The first rule of a doctor is: DO NO HARM!!!

I think that Lundberg's politics and myopic view of our society is leading him to advise a course of action which could harm his patients and other people. I seriously hope he sits down and has a good and thorough soul searching as to motives and the consequences of his actions.

SHAME!!!

• John, L.A. Gun Rights Examiner (for now) 4 years ago

I really like David Codrea's handling of the issue when it crops up, as in his April, 2010 treatment: Google: "Is your doctor qualified to give gun safety advice?"

examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/is-your-doctor-qualified-to-give-gun-safety-advice

• Profile picture of leemcgee
    leemcgee 4 years ago

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." - Thomas Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)
    John, you have the right questions. Thanks much.

• John, L.A. Gun Rights Examiner (for now) 4 years ago

Thanks, leemcgee.

• Luis 4 years ago

John, many thanks for your illuminating pro-gun articles. Will we be able to read your columns, after you leave "Examiner"?

Any idea on who the L.A. Examiner will be, after you leave?

Any idea on who the L.A. Examiner will be, after you leave?

• John Longenecker 4 years ago

I am stepping up readership and publishing of my Safer Streets Commentaries, which you can find at goodforthecountry.com/n.html

See you there!