The Florida Highway Patrol says troopers will be “…working across Florida [over the holidays] to provide assistance to motorists and aggressively working to remove impaired drivers from the roads.” The FHP also offers the following tips for safe holiday driving:
- Celebrate the holidays but be responsible. Designate a sober driver to get everyone home safely.
- Buckle up! A seatbelt is your vehicle’s most important safety feature.
- If you need help during your travels or see a hazardous driver, dial *FHP (*347) on your cell phone.
- Don’t drive distracted: Anything that takes your full attention off of the road, even for a second, could be deadly.
- For real-time traffic and road condition reports, as well as maps and additional safety tips, visit www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/
- Avoid fatigued or drowsy driving by getting plenty of rest before your trip (or have an alternate driver).
- Obey the speed limit and keep in mind that traffic congestion or road construction may require lowering your speed.
Click here to visit the Florida Highway Patrol website.
You can contact this writer at firstname.lastname@example.org