In the Sierra Nevada foothills of California's Calaveras Gold Country, Saddle Creek Resort's popular 2-day, 1-night golf stay-and-play packages are on offer for 2014.
A 2-hour drive from the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley, and 1.5 hours from Sacramento, Saddle Creek makes for an easy weekend golf getaway. Country roads are scenic and free of traffic, and awaiting the traveler is a cozy, luxury lodge and spacious bungalows. The Carter Morrish-designed golf course is a beauty, challenged by gorgeous wetlands, ponds and creeks, with 100+ bunkers, high meadow grasses and elevation changes.
- 2 rounds of golf on one of state’s most acclaimed courses
- Access to the practice facility and short-game area
- Lodging in charming, private bungalow with fireplace and full kitchen
- Breakfast or lunch at the Lodge’s Copper Grille
- Golf cart at your door in the morning
- Unlimited use of the Sports Club, Olympic-size swimming pool, Jacuzzi and gym
- From $219 per person (Sun--Thurs) and $309 per person (Fri, Sat and Holidays; dble occupancy)
This is a deal! come up here once and you'll be hooked for weekends throughout the year.
A few minutes from the resort are numerous wineries and Copperopolis Town Square, a Gold Rush era-themed village of boutique shops and restaurants.
Founder/editor of BestGolfResortsofTheWorld.com, Karen Misuraca is a travel and golf writer from the California Wine Country. She blogs golf travel and writes about Deep Culture Travel. Check out Karen's new iPhone app, California Coast North