Sabrina Soto wears many different hats at HGTV from home staging to interior designer/consultant. Her most recent hosting gig is called the High Low Project where the concept is to decorate a room of the homeowners choice by getting inspiration from a high end designer room without the high end price. For budget conscious homeowners this show is the perfect scenario. A designer looking room without the hefty price tag. After the design is complete the homeowner has the option of duplicating the same look or discard certain pieces. The homeowners then present Sabrina with their budget and she sets out to mimic the same extravagant look for less. Here's how she does it:
- Shop vintage/thrift stores
- Refurbish and re-purpose items
- Visit online auctions and websites for great deals
- Buy gently used furniture such as luxury headboards
- Paint and customize wood furniture instead of buying brand new
- Purchase items from the manufacturer instead of at the store to cut costs
The low project end result is amazing with almost the exact look as the high end and sometimes with even better results. Sabrina has done it again by staying on budget and abiding by the needs of the homeowners. For more high-low tips from Sabrina visit http://www.hgtv.com/.