Summer is coming. The grill will soon be heated up. What better way to end a cookout than with a sweet and delicious dessert, hot off the grill. This recipe adds an additional sweeter-than-sweet twist to a traditional s'more. For added variety, try Nutella (a creamy hazelnut spread) instead of peanut butter.
Some similar recipes call for the s'mores filling to be placed inside an open Oreo, instead of adding the traditional graham cracker. This recipe is a little bit of both tradition and added delight.
S'more...eos are a delicious, gooey mess. Keep the napkins handy.
- 4 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 whole graham crackers, halved
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), quartered
- 4 large marshmallows
- Spread both sides of each Oreo cookie with peanut butter. Place Oreo atop half of a halved graham cracker.
- Top with chocolate bar piece.
- Toast a marshmallow, using a long metal skewer or long-handled fork, until golden brown. Turn occasionally while toasting.
- Place toasted marshmallow on top of chocolate.
- Cover with remaining cracker.
- Pull out skewer while squeezing cracker sandwich together.
- Serve immediately.