One of the questions that many people ask Grammy-nominated recording artist and serial entrepreneur Ryan Leslie is, "How did you do it?"
On July 15, Leslie is going to share the project that he has funded and put the majority of his efforts and energy into over the past
18 months, a technology solution named Disruptive Multimedia (DMM). Leslie has already used it to generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in profit. Recording artists such as 50 Cent, Raphael Saadiq, and Talib Kweli use DMM to connect with their fans directly. Leslie’s innovation and passion for technology was also mentioned at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity by Kanye West.
For the first time, Ryan Leslie will break down the strategies and tactics behind:
* How he recruited and manages a team spread around the world
* How he compels beta users to the point that they’ll pay to sign up for his platform
* How and why he is crowdsourcing his next album
* Why he chose not to sell his most recent album on iTunes or through another intermediary
* How he used existing technology platforms such as Twilio and Shopify to create a new solution
* Tools and tricks he uses to make the most of his time
* How he used his influence and expertise in the music industry to transition into the technology community
This information is pertinent for:
* Recording Artists - Release your art directly to fans, without label intervention
* Marketing/PR Professionals - Help your clients connect with fans directly and earn their attention more effectively than through social media or traditional channels
* Recording Executives - Learn how to keep client data that was previously only accessible to intermediaries such as iTunes and TicketMaster
* Managers - Help your artist earn and retain a larger portion of their profits
The event, hosted by The Phat Startup at AlleyNYC, will also include one-on-one Q&A opportunities, a chance to pitch ideas to Ryan Leslie for potential investment, networking, a meet & greet, and a chance to win one of two premium DMM memberships (valued at $3,500 each).
Attendance will be limited to 100 tickets. There will be no additional tickets sold. Visit the #Renegades membership club at renegadesnyc.com/products/ryan-leslie-at-the-phat-startup to purchase tickets now.
About Ryan Leslie
Ryan Leslie, Grammy-nominated musician and serial entrepreneur, first gained the attention of the music industry as one of the most subscribed early adopters of YouTube. Leslie also developed a wildly successful social media campaign around his record label’s first artist, Cassie, who went on to sell over 1 million singles and 650,000 albums worldwide. His most recent album, Black Mozart, is available exclusively via membership in his online music club, #Renegades. Leslie was described as a “multi-talented artist [who] continues to push the boundaries of the industry,” by TheShootFashion, and is noted for his internet savvy and innovation. He has collaborated with artists such as Kanye West, Rick Ross, and Pusha T.
About Disruptive Multimedia
Disruptive Multimedia is a technology platform that allows artists to directly sell records and merchandise to fans. Artists can use the service to create music membership clubs and communicate directly with individual fans and gain insights from the transaction data. It has been used by artists such as Ryan Leslie, 50 Cent, and Talib Kweli.