Former college wrestling stars now making names for themselves in international freestyle competition are among the guests on Takedown Wrestling this Saturday, August 9, the weekly broadcast announced via email Thursday.
Join Scott Casber, Tim Harms, Corey Lathrup and Brad Johnson live this Saturday 9-11 a.m. Central and 10 a.m.-noon Eastern live on KXNO.com, TakedownRadio.com, and I HeartRadio.com.
Wrestling fans are invited to check out Takedown Wrestling’s Super Sunday Singlet giveaway, where you can win a singlet each Sunday of the year. Just follow Takedown Wrestling on Facebook at Facebook.com/TakedownWrestling and on Twitter at @Takedownradio.
The first hour of Takedown Wrestling opens with Ed Ruth, three-time NCAA champ for Penn State who will represent the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club at the 2014 FILA World Championships in Uzbekistan this September. At 9:15, it’s B.J. Futrell, two-time NCAA All-American for the University of Illinois, a two-time University Nationals champ and World silver medalist who’s now recovering from major surgery… followed at 9:35 by Andy Hrovat, former University of Michigan wrestler and 2008 Olympian who is now coaching the Cliff Keen Wrestling Club, the New York Athletic Club, and the US National Team.
Hour Two welcomes Kerry McCoy, a two-time Olympian who, as head coach at University of Maryland, welcomes new assistant coach Rob Eiter as the Terrapins wrestle their first season in the Big Ten. Tony Ramos, 2014 NCAA 133-pound champ for the Iowa Hawkeyes and 2014 World team member, takes the mic at 10:20.
Fans, athletes, coaches: This is your sport. Join in the conversation, ask questions. Call 866-333-5966 or 515-204-5966.
Takedown Wrestling is available on radio on AM 1460 KXNO, on your computer, your Blackberry or I Phone with the I Heart Radio App. KXNO.com, Takedownradio.com, I Heart Radio App.
Takedown Wrestling’s guest list for August 9:
- 9:00: Ed Ruth, Penn State mat champ, 2014 World team member
- 9:15: B.J. Futrell, Illinois All-American, World silver medalist
- 9:35: Andy Hrovat, Michigan wrestling alum, 2008 Olympian, freestyle coach
- 9:50: Joey Boyens, Max Muscle Sports Nutrition Update
- 10:00: Kerry McCoy, two-time Olympian, now head coach at Maryland
- 10:20: Tony Ramos, 2014 NCAA champ for Iowa, 2014 World team member
- 10:35: Midwest Racing Promotions’ Tony Morro, Eric Lundstrom and John Pat Dorian talk about the end of their first season
- 10:50: Amy Ruble, Wildrose Casino