If you're dreaming of being in the Big Apple for Super Bowl XLVIII featuring the Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos, there's a way to get there. Alaska Airlines and star NFL quarterback Russell Wilson have teamed up and are flying a plane-load of fans to the Big Apple. It's as simple as entering the Russell Wilson 12th Fan Airlift sweepstakes, online at www.facebook.com/AlaskaAirlines.
The contest is open to residents of Washington, Oregon and Alaska and the deadline is Sunday, January 26 at 11:59 PM. Each of the 56 winners will be selected at random and may bring a guest. Winners will be announced on Monday, January 27 by phone or email. The four-day sweepstakes package includes:
- Two round-trip tickets aboard a specially themed aircraft dedicated to Russell Wilson that will be revealed for the commemorative February 1, 2014 flight from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Newark Liberty International Airport, New Jersey
- Inflight tailgate party
- Two nights hotel accommodations
- Ground transportation to and from the Newark Airport
- Admission to an exclusive game day party at a Times Square hotel
- NFL game tickets not included
The Russell Wilson 12th Fan Airlift sweepstakes is #3 in a series of Alaska Airlines' promotions launched this month with Wilson. In Russell's 12th Fan Rescue, six fans and their guests were Russ-cued from rival territories across the nation. Each received an all-expenses paid trip to Seattle on Alaska Airlines, plus playoff tickets. More than 3,000 entries were submitted in the nationwide contest.
Last month, Wilson was named Alaska Airlines' Chief Football Officer. As part of the partnership, travelers wearing a Wilson jersey are invited to board early on flights departing from Seattle for the duration of the football season.