Tweet me up Scotty – the beauty looks created for The Blondes Spring 2014 shows were by far hot! This season, The Blondes drew inspiration from their favorite in art, animation and pop culture which include Marilyn Monroe, Marie Antoinette, Madonna, Jane Fonda and “The Original Blonde”, Tweety Bird. With those big eyes and fabulous eyelashes, Tweety was the perfect muse for the beauty direction of the show. Here's some scoop on the beauty featured with tips on how to get a perfect updo and weekend inspired makeup look.
Nick Irwin, the Creative Director of Catwalk by TIGI was inspired by Tweety’s head and Marie Antoinette’s high hair that sometimes featured live birds.
Overall Look: Intergalactic top-knot
1) Prep hair with CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray and flat iron to ensure a smooth, sleek finish. Tightly pull hair into a ponytail at the crown, securing with an elastic while setting with CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray for a lacquered shine and CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray for hold.
2) Next, style the ponytail three-plait braid and tightly twist into a bun, securing with pins.
Then, carefully place the head piece over the bun and secure with pins, setting the final look
with additional CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray.
3) Lastly, spray the sides of the head with CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray so the sides of the head have the same hi-shine finish as the head piece.
CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Finishing Spray CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine
The Key Makeup Artist, Kabuki used MAC products to create the faces.
Overall Look: The Focus is on the eyes in a cartoon color scheme.
1) A “Bare Canvas” primer is applied to the lids and Primary Yellow Chromacake is layered on top.
2) “Bamboon” Eye Paint sculpts the crease. Cyan Chromagraphic Pencil fills in the waterline.
3) Lashes are curled, if needed, and black mascara is added to coat both top and bottom – a sweep of
Blacktrack Fluidline wings out the eye.
4) #7 lashes are applied with black lash glue.
5) Brows are reshaped with concealer and brow velvet pencil to reference a Vulcan princess.
6) Skin is freshened up with Sculpt Foundation.
7) Melba Blush warms the apples of the cheeks for a girly glow.
8) “Shy Girl” Lipstick with a coat of clear gloss finishes the look.
Manicurists from CND Shellac were on board for the show to create truly spectacular nail art for
the show. Such adornments were created using wires, Swarovski crystals and snakeskin.