Over the last few weeks, the WWE creative department has been under a great deal of pressure from CEO Vince McMahon to improve the WrestleMania 29 PPV lineup. Vince has been unhappy with the creative buildup for the undercard. It appears that there could be a few more matches added to the PPV that might come as a surprise to some. According to a March 13 report by The Wrestling Observer, the WWE is considering adding the following matches to the WM 29 PPV undercard:
- Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
- A WWE Divas title match between Kaitlyn and Layla
- Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. The Bella Twins and Team Rhodes Scholar
For the last several years, the WWE has had some sort of gimmick match to get its Divas on the PPV. However, with the lack of commitment to the Divas division, it's unclear how the WWE plans on doing so this year. A WWE Divas title match makes little sense since there's been absolutely no buildup for any Divas feud.
Jericho versus Fandango is interesting considering most critics feel that the Fandango character is a bust. Additionally, he has yet to really wrestle on TV. Plus, Jericho is a veteran who deserves better than putting over a character that the WWE Universe doesn't care about.
As of now, the confirmed WM 29 PPV lineup is as follows:
- WWE Championship match: The Rock vs. John Cena
- Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (stipulations to be added)
- The Undertaker vs. CM Punk
- World Championship match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger
- The Shield vs. Randy Orton & Sheamus & Big Show (still being played out on TV)
- Mark Henry vs. Ryback (still being played out on TV)
WrestleMania 29 takes place on Sunday, April 7, live on PPV.
Follow me on Twitter @Rockwellfitness
Follow me on FaceBook @ProRasslin.net