1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Sports
  3. NFL

Rumor: Bill Cowher to Cowboys?

Earlier this week rumors spread quick that Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was talking to other coaches and that if the Cowboys lose to the Texans, Wade Phillips could see the boot.

I didn't believe it.

But now, someone with a little more authority than me is thinking that it may not be that far-fetched that the Cowboys would sign a new coach, and it might be Bill Cowher.

I didn't say it. Gil Brandt did.

Gil Brandt was the vice president for player personnel for almost 30 years. He left when Jerry Jones bought the team. He says that Bill Cowher to the Cowboys might be a rumor worth following.

DCFanatic

Comments

Ok? Pointless read.

• AJ. Em 3 years ago

I don't see Cowher going to Dallas. He will Coach a team in the AFC. He is an AFC guy. There's no way he'll end up in Dallas.

• Peps 3 years ago

No coach of Cowher caliber will go to Dallas as long has Jerry Jones is the GM. Cowher will want is own guy as GM.

• Peps 3 years ago

No coach of Cowher's caliber will go to Dallas as long as Jerry Jones is the GM. Cowher will want his own guy as GM.

It would be great to have Cowher coach this team!!!!!!!!!!!

He will be coaching the panthers next year. John fox is gone.

Telvovk's complete lack of an understanding of the basics of middle-school grammar continue to astound me. For example, he writes:

"Earlier this week rumors spread quick that Dallas ..."

Do rumours spread "quick", or should that have been 'spread quickly'? Given that "spread" is a verb, and "quick" is an adverb meant to modify "spread", it should have been "quickly".

I recommend the 'professional journalist' buy himself a high school grammar text-book.

I seem to remember that not one person believed parcells would coach the Cowboys. nuff said!!

I would be the happiest Cowboy fan if Cower came to Dallas!!! I will pay for the plane ticket myself.

Please bring Cowher to Dallas! I'm sure some of the penalties would stop, he would provide the discipline needed for this team. I'm ready to turn off the TV for the year already, very disappointed.

• Michael Molnar 3 years ago

Would be great to see Bill come to Dallas. I think that he might tell Jerry Jones how its going to play out though and if Jones had any smarts he would listen. Go back to drilling oil and watch the game from your box. Thanks!

• TrueBlue Fan 3 years ago

I am a Cowboy fan. And I will be very pleased if Jones hires Cowherd. He is the leader that the team needs. Garret must be fired, he is not the solution, he is part of the problem.

Today's top buzz...

• Weird Al
    'Weird Al' Yankovic gains his first number one album with 'Mandatory Fun'
    Music Buzz
    20 Photos
  • Monks of Mellonwah
    Exclusive interview: Monks of Mellonwah talk music, touring and more
    Camera
    9 Photos
  • Bad Company
    Bad Company and Lynyrd Skynyrd deliver a double dose of hits at the Blossom Music Center
    Camera