Recently The California Highway Patrol released their policy regarding "Lane Splitting" between motorcycles and regular motor vehicles, and the key is speed, Lane splitting is legal provided the motorcycle rider maintains a certain speed, see the enclosed link for details.
Makes sense however I think it's safe to say we encounter drivers doing many things on the road. What's legal and what's not? Can you answer the five following questions regarding the "Rules of the Road" my guess is not accurately.....give it a try my next article will be a follow up with the answers.
1. When can you make a lawful u-turn?
2. When approaching an intersection with pedestrians either there or closely enroute intending to cross at what point do you begin the "Stopping Process" and when can you proceed ?
3. When can you lawfully "Double Park" your vehicle
4. When a bicycle is in your lane and the both of you want to make a right turn who has the right of way?
5. Does a bicycle rider have to stop at a stop sign ?
Rules of the Road ? How well do you know them.....I will be back with the answers next week or later, check this link out in the interim.