Rugby teams from around the state of Florida will travel to Tavares, Fla. this Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 19 and 20, for the All Florida Weekend 2013 Rugby Tournament. The matches are scheduled to run from 9 a.m. to around 6 p.m. on Saturday, and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. Clubs performing well on Saturday play will earn the opportunity to advance to Sunday's semi-finals and finals action.
At the time of publication Thursday evening, a total of 30 teams will participate in this annual rugby tournament. This breakdown includes nine Senior Men’s teams, three Senior Women’s sides, five Collegiate Men’s teams, six Collegiate Women’s clubs, and seven Sevens Rugby sides.
Breaking down each division participating in All Florida Weekend 2013
- Senior Men’s – Tampa Bay, Daytona, West Palm Beach, Naples, Fort Lauderdale, St. Petersburg, Boca Raton, Sarasota, and Orlando
- Senior Women’s – Fort Miami, Jacksonville, and Orlando
- Collegiate Men’s – Florida State University (FSU), University of Florida (UF), University of Central Florida (UCF), University of South Florida (USF), and University of North Florida (UNF)
- Collegiate Women’s – FSU, UCF, USF, Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU), Florida Atlantic University (FAU), and Florida International University (FIU)
- Sevens Sides – FSU, UNF, UCF, UF, Embry Riddle, University of West Florida (UWF), and Naples U 23
Please preview this article's provided slideshow for Saturday's and Sunday's preliminary All Florida Weekend 2013 Rugby Tournament schedule.
Learn more about All Florida Weekend 2013
For more information on All Florida Weekend 2013 Rugby Tournament, please visit this web link and the Facebook event page. For the latest information about rugby all across the state of Florida, please visit the Rugby in Florida website and Facebook page.