Photograph by Jonathon Weber
Root beer steak with caramelized onions is a great meal to share.
You will need:
- 2 NY strip steaks
- 8 oz. root beer
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- large red onion
- 2 tbsp. butter (substitute with Smart Balance for healthier alternative)
- Marinade the steaks and root beer in the refrigerator for one hour.
- After steaks marinade, one of you can light the grill (set low to medium), while the other cuts up the onion.
- One of you can cook the steaks until you get your desired temperature, your partner can saute the onions over medium heat with the butter, until they are transparent.
- When the steaks are done put your caramelized onions over the top of it and enjoy the best tastes of summer, root beer and steak together. You can even pair it up with a frosty glass of root beer.
Green beans and rice pilaf compliment this steak well.