Tomorrow is February 14th, Saint Valentine’s Day – the national holiday celebrating love. It’s not too late to get in gear and score some brownie points with your intimate partner. Here is a following list of the top 5 most romantic dinner spots in Hartford and West Hartford Connecticut.
1) Arugula, located in West Hartford Center is a romantic, cozy seasonal bistro known for their creative and incredibly delicious representation of Mediterranean cuisine. Their menu is affordable considering their extensive ingredients. Love will flow when sharing one of the flat breads with duck confit, sausage, mushroom, caramelized onion, orange marinade, watercress and asiago cheese. OR, gush together over one of their many charcuterie and cheese select dishes along with a bottle of fine red wine.
953 Farmington Ave?
West Hartford, CT 06107
2) Flemmings Prime Steak House & Wine Bar is the chi chi of West Hartford restaurants. This is the perfect place to take a date you are hoping to impress with your good (and expensive) taste. Thankfully, for those who are low on dough, Flemming’s is making Valentine’s more affordable with a Valentine Sharing Menu, with a $25 Valentine’s Card included. The menu includes Bellini-inspired cocktails, blue cheese crusted filet mignon and lobster en fuego with a suggested wine list. Get your evening started by sharing chocolate dipped strawberries with a suggested Tawny Port 10 year old Portugal NV. Make sure to make reservations in the a.m. This place can be difficult to get into, especially on such an occasion.
Reserve now and receive a Valentine Day card of $25 for future dinners:
44 South Main Street
West Hartford, CT 06107
3) Vitos by the Park, located in downtown Hartford, across from Bushnell Park, offers traditional Italian fair, which you will enjoy immensely in their beautiful, romantic dinning room with their large windows and murals. Not only is the food a triumph, the staff is pleasant and helpful. For Valentine’s Day they will be offering a set menu that includes a Shrimp and Crab au cruet, Beef Wellington and for dessert, Banana Foster. If that doesn’t make you swoon, read the menu in more detail here: Menu
26 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103-2404
4) Firebox has been given five stars by the Hartford Courant and for good reason. The American cuisine strikes the perfect balance between comfort food and gourmet extravagance. Firebox prides themselves for being socially conscience and organically prideful. You can even buy a loaf of their artisanal breads baked on premise. The 30 foot vaulted ceilings, exposed brick and arched windows brings you aesthetic worth and ambiance. This is the perfect place to break the ice or warm up to your intimate other.
539 Broad Street
Hartford, CT 06106-1402
5) Bin 228 is a lively yet elegant establishment located on youthful Pearl Street in downtown Hartford. If you or your loved one loves Italian wines, the wine list here is extensive. Bin 228 offers an appetizer styled menu that is limited yet won’t disappoint. Order their varied types of bruschetta (fig compote and prosciutto or asparagus, truffle oil parmesan) and tramezzini (pancetta, tomato arugula, lemon mayonnaise or chicken salad, manche). All the dishes are small and not reasonably priced, however the intimate setting, extravagance of the food in combination with the wine makes for the perfect splurge.
228 Pearl St. (Ann St.)
Hartford, CT 06103