Intro: Easy cheesecake recipes make great romantic desserts for Valentine's Day. Nothing tastes quite as luxurious as a tasty homemade strawberry cheesecake recipe except maybe the chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe. Both are decadent, are delish with toppings like melted chocolate and excellent additions to your V-Day recipe card box.
Learn How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake
The video contains instructions for an easy, no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe that has a tiny bit of a sweet-spicy nip. This is one of the more unusual strawberry cheesecake recipes that I've come across, but it's delish! It's an interesting addition to your romantic desserts repertoire.
If you make this easy strawberry cheesecake recipe on Valentine's Day, you'll need to plan for at least 6 hours of time. It takes 4 hours for the cheesecake recipe to set in the fridge once it's done plus prep-time. But making it the day ahead is better.
About the Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Unlike the recipe for strawberry cheesecake in the video, this chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe is a baked cheesecake recipe. It requires chocolate sandwich cookies to make the crust. I prefer Oreos, but you can use whatever kind you'd like. You can find some good deals on sandwich cookies at your local dollars stores.
The chocolate raspberry cheesecake is chock full of semi-sweet chocolate plus raspberry preserves. You also garnish it with fresh raspberries. Depending upon how elaborate you're going to get with your Valentine's Day preparations, you might want to think about serving this or the easy strawberry cheesecake recipe alongside chocolate fondue.
Cheesecake bits make great dippers for chocolate fondue recipes or you can use the sauce from the melted chocolate concoction as a tripping for your easy cheesecake recipes.
Making the Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 c. Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 4 pkgs soften cream cheese (8-oz pkgs)
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 c. raspberry preserves (seedless is best)
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- 9-oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- Whole Oreo cookies
Instructions for the Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Make the crust by adding the butter and the cookie crumbs to the bottom of a springform pan you've greased and wrap a double thickness of foil around the pan.
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl and then add in the vanilla and sour cream.
- Beat in the eggs on low speed until all the ingredients for the raspberry cheesecake that you've add thus far are just beaten.
- Put aside 1 1/2 cups of the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the crust.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Then add in the raspberry preserves until this is blended.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter over the plain cheesecake batter, but don't swirl.
- Put the springform pan into a baking pan.
- Add 1-inch of hot water to the pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for up to 75 minutes. At about 60 minutes or so, check the center to see if it's done. It could be done at 65 minutes.
- Take the pan from the water and let it cool on a wire rack for 10.
- Loosen the raspberry chocolate cheesecake recipe from the edge of the pan. Allow it to cool for at least an hour longer.
Topping for the Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
If you're not making this with chocolate fondue recipe, then make a chocolate topping.
- Add 1/3 cup of cream to a sauce pan and allow it to come to a boil.
- Pour this over 6-oz of semisweet chocolate that you've chopped up. Whisk this mixture until it's smooth.
- Spread this on top of the chocolate raspberry cheesecake recipe.
- Put in fridge for 24 hours.
- Garnish the raspberry chocolate cheesecake recipe with raspberries, Oreos and whipped cream.