According to an article posted yesterday at Independent.co.uk, the recently wed veteran rocker says he’s determined that “The World’s Greatest Rock N’ Roll Band” should play the giant U.K. music festival and intends to make it among the first order of business at a band meeting scheduled for next month.
Queried about the festival while attending the Elle Style Awards in London, Wood says, “We've got a meeting next month, and that's going to be my first question to them. It's something I've always been interested in. I'm going to twist their arms.”
He adds that the British Invasion icons, who celebrated their 50th anniversary last year, are “all rehearsed” and holds “high hopes” they will “get it cracking this summer!”
Although there have been rumours of the “Satisfaction” hitmakers appearing at Glastonbury and other major 2013 gigs, band officials remain silent.
The Stones wrapped up their 50 and Counting tour in December, performing a star-studded 2-½ hour concert to a capacity crowd in Newark, N.J. at the Prudential Center.
Both Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have both told media that the band has received “quite a few offers” for a full tour in 2013 and think it would be “dopey” to pack it after performing just a handful of shows.
Did you know? The Rolling Stones' 50 and Counting Tour consisted of five shows in three venues from Nov. 25-Dec. 15, grossing $38.6 million dollars to top Billboard’s Hot Tours.