Get your free PDF download of the scripted role-play called “Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang.” Just scroll down near the end of this article for the free download link.
This is one of several fight or flight role-plays appropriate for middle school students that teaches anti-bullying and fight or flight concepts.
What is the role-play about? You can watch the slideshow to find out. You can also read the description below.
Fight or flight role-play description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about the Fight or Flight technique of mob mentality and psychological warfare. The story is called “Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang.”
Shawn and his gang were waging psychological warfare on Tyler. One day, Dennis playfully nudged Tyler while he was with them. Instead of laughing in welcome, Tyler and the gang accused Dennis of hitting Tyler and warned him he better watch his back.
Note to the teacher: In addition to the role-play, you can also read it in story form. You might want to read the story to the class first and then have the class act out the role-play. Here’s the link:
- Story link: Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang
Teacher Says or Asks: We will now act out the role-play based on the last story you just heard called “Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang.”
The role-play features six guy actors: Dennis, Mr. Campbell, Tyler, Shawn, Charlie, & Jerry.
Shawn, Jerry and Charlie have small to medium-size parts. Dennis, Mr. Campbell, and Tyler have very big parts.
The rest of the class will take turns reading the parts of Narrator 1 and Narrator 2.
Who is interested in playing these roles? (Either pull names or accept eager student volunteers.)
Other lesson plan links that go with the story
Here are the other lesson plan links that go with this story:
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Story
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play
- Section 7: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus Section: Fight or Flight Instinct activated by a middle school gang
Free scripted role-play PDF download link
To get the free scripted role-play PDF download link, click the link below. You can download the role-play to your computer, print it off, and duplicate it for the students in your class.
- Free PDF role-play link: Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang
A paper-saving suggestion
To save paper, you might only want to duplicate ten copies of the role-play and then have your students share the script between them. If you have an overhead projector or some way to project the role-play from the slideshow onto the wall or screen, you could save paper altogether.
Other fight or flight role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang (see above)
- Role-play slideshow: A Mediation session with Shawn, Tyler, and Dennis
- Role-play slideshow: Bully Jake and Eddie
- Role-play slideshow: Jake tries to rebuild his trust level with others
- Role-play slideshow: Thicken Your Skin to Put-Downs
- Role-play slideshow: The Mouse Mother
Other anger management role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Angry Blake
- Role-play slideshow: Sam self-mentors versus psychological warfare
- Role-play slideshow: Control your anger with SPAM
- Role-play slideshow: A role-play that demonstrates the SPAM method
- Role-play slideshow: SPAM and Stairstep Thinking
- Role-play slideshow: Aftermath of the first kiss
- Role-play slideshow: Debbie tries to fix her mistake
- Role-play slideshow: Pranks, Idle Threats, and Promises
- Role-play slideshow: Matt falsely accuses Jonathan of stealing
Other basic needs role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: A false rumor about Brittany
- Role-play slideshow: It all happened because Mark overslept and missed breakfast
- Role-play slideshow: Conflict happens when your Basic Needs gets messed with
- Role-play slideshow: Oscar the Outcast
- Role-play slideshow: Who will make the Princess laugh?
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org