Get your free PDF download of the scripted role-play called “JoJo and the three Bully B’s.” Just scroll down near the end of this article for the free download link.
This is one of several anti-bullying role-plays appropriate for either elementary and/or middle school students or both that teaches anti-bullying techniques.
What is the role-play about? You can watch the slideshow to find out. You can also read the description below.
Anti-bullying role-play description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about coping with bullies. The story is called “JoJo and the three Bully B’s.”
Fourth-grader JoJo has become the victim of bullying by the sixth-grade gang known as the Bully B’s: Bob, Bo, and Bill. JoJo’s mission is to discover a way to deal with them in a positive manner before they decide to beat him up again.
Note to the teacher: In addition to the role-play, you can also read it in story form. You might want to read the story to the class first and then have the class act out the role-play. Here’s the link:
- Story link: JoJo and the three Bully B’s
Teacher Says or Asks: We will now act out the role-play based on the last story you just heard called “JoJo and the three Bully B’s.”
The role-play features six guy actors: JoJo, Tommy, Bully Bo, Bully Bill, Bully Bob, and Tommy’s uncle.
The role-play also features four girl actors: JoJo’s mother, Tommy’s mother, a Math Lab Teacher, and one person representing Other Kids & Teachers.
JoJo, Tommy, Bully Bo, Bully Bill, and Bully Bob have big parts. JoJo’s mother and Tommy’s uncle have a medium-size part. The Math Lab Teacher, Tommy’s mother, and the one person representing Other Kids & Teachers have small parts.
The rest of the class will take turns reading the parts of Narrator 1 and Narrator 2.
Who is interested in playing these roles? (Either pull names or accept eager student volunteers.)
Other lesson plan links that go with the story
Here are the other lesson plan links that go with this story:
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Story
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play
- Section 7: Main Idea discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: JoJo and the three Bully B’s (See above article and slideshow role-play.)
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘JoJo and the three Bully B’s’
Free scripted role-play PDF download link
To get the free scripted role-play PDF download link, click the link below. You can download the role-play to your computer, print it off, and duplicate it for the students in your class.
- Free PDF role-play link: JoJo and the three Bully B’s
A paper-saving suggestion
To save paper, you might only want to duplicate ten copies of the role-play and then have your students share the script between them. If you have an overhead projector or some way to project the role-play from the slideshow onto the wall or screen, you could save paper altogether.
For your viewing pleasure, please enjoy the video called “Schools and Bullying - What Works.”
Other be bully free role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: JoJo and the three Bully B’s (See slideshow and above article)
- Role-play slideshow: Squirrel rejects his bushy tail (coming soon)
- Role-play slideshow: Omega Wolf Bert gives anti-bullying lesson #1: Posture Part 1
- Role-play slideshow: Omega Wolf Bert gives anti-bullying lesson #1: Posture Part 2
(Other role-plays coming soon.)
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: email@example.com