Get your free PDF download of the scripted role-play called “Jesse needs to learn to set firm boundaries.” Just scroll down near the end of this article for the free download link.
This is one of several self-mentoring role-plays appropriate for middle school students that teaches anti-bullying and self-mentoring concepts.
What is the role-play about? You can watch the slideshow to find out. You can also read the description below.
Self-mentoring role-play description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about the need for Self-Mentoring when you are a victim of name-calling. The way you choose to respond can point to whether you are making a good character choice or bad. Listen to the character choices made by the three seventh-grade boys you will hear about in this next story called “Jesse Needs To Learn To Set Firm Boundaries.”
Note to the teacher: In addition to the role-play, you can also read it in story form. You might want to read the story to the class first and then have the class act out the role-play. Here’s the link:
- Story link: Jesse needs to learn to set firm boundaries
Teacher Says or Asks: We will now act out the role-play based on the last story you just heard called “Jesse needs to learn to set firm boundaries.”
The role-play features three guy actors: Jesse, Jimmy, and Wade.
The role-play also features one girl actor: Teacher.
Jesse, Jimmy, and Wade have the medium-size to big parts. The Teacher has a small part.
The rest of the class will take turns reading the parts of Narrator 1 and Narrator 2.
Who is interested in playing these roles? (Either pull names or accept eager student volunteers.)
Other lesson plan links that go with the story
Here are the other lesson plan links that go with this story:
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Story
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play
- Section 7: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: Jesse needs to learn to set firm boundaries (See above article and slideshow role-play.)
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘Jesse needs to learn to set firm boundaries’
Free scripted role-play PDF download link
To get the free scripted role-play PDF download link, click the link below. You can download the role-play to your computer, print it off, and duplicate it for the students in your class.
- Free PDF role-play link: Jesse needs to learn to set firm boundaries
A paper-saving suggestion
To save paper, you might only want to duplicate ten copies of the role-play and then have your students share the script between them. If you have an overhead projector or some way to project the role-play from the slideshow onto the wall or screen, you could save paper altogether.
For your viewing pleasure, please enjoy the video called “Matt Curtis on Turning Low Self Esteem Into High Self Confidence.”
Other self-mentoring role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Hyena’s dilemma at a fork in the path
- Role-play slideshow: Jacob listens to his Inner Wisdom
- Role-play slideshow: Jerry Checks His Facts
- Role-play slideshow: Jesse needs to learn to set firm boundaries
- Role-play slideshow: Who Really Started the Rumor about Cindy?
Other anger management role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Angry Blake
- Role-play slideshow: Sam self-mentors versus psychological warfare
- Role-play slideshow: Control your anger with SPAM
- Role-play slideshow: A role-play that demonstrates the SPAM method
- Role-play slideshow: SPAM and Stairstep Thinking
- Role-play slideshow: Aftermath of the first kiss
- Role-play slideshow: Debbie tries to fix her mistake
- Role-play slideshow: Pranks, Idle Threats, and Promises
- Role-play slideshow: Matt falsely accuses Jonathan of stealing
Other fight or flight role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Bully Jake and Eddie
- Role-play slideshow: Jake tries to rebuild his trust level with others
- Role-play slideshow: Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang
- Role-play slideshow: A Mediation session with Shawn, Tyler, and Dennis
- Role-play slideshow: Thicken Your Skin to Put-Downs
Other basic needs role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: A false rumor about Brittany
- Role-play slideshow: It all happened because Mark overslept and missed breakfast
- Role-play slideshow: Oscar the Outcast
- Role-play slideshow: Who will make the Princess laugh?
Other perception role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Julie’s big challenge
- Role-play slideshow: Joshua’s experiment in sending positive peer pressure
- Role-play slideshow: The Confrontation
- Role-play slideshow: Frogs and newts or gold coins
- Role-play slideshow: Jessica’s painful experience
- Role-play slideshow: Jessica and Tonya combine their resources
- Role-play slideshow: Clever Angie thinks fast
- Role-play slideshow: Christy and Laura both like Brandon
- Role-play slideshow: Roxanne and Courtney jump to the wrong conclusions
- Role-play slideshow: The misunderstanding
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org