Get your free PDF download of the scripted role-play called “Jake tries to rebuild his trust level with others.” Just scroll down near the end of this article for the free download link.
This is one of several fight or flight role-plays appropriate for middle school students that teaches anti-bullying and fight or flight concepts.
What is the role-play about? You can watch the slideshow to find out. You can also read the description below.
Fight or flight role-play description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about the possible consequences of having the reputation of being a bully. It also demonstrates the slow process it takes for a former bully to try to re-gain people’s trust.
Do you remember Bully Jake and Eddie? Jake is seriously worried. A friend of his, a former bully, got framed and placed in the Alternate School. What if that happens to him as well? How do you regain people’s trust when you’ve been a bully for years? Will anybody ever be willing to trust Jake again? The story is called “Jake tries to rebuild his trust level with others.”
Note to the teacher: In addition to the role-play, you can also read it in story form. You might want to read the story to the class first and then have the class act out the role-play. Here’s the link:
Teacher Says or Asks: We will now act out the role-play based on the last story you just heard called “Jake tries to rebuild his trust level with others.”
The role-play features five guy actors: Bully Jake, Eddie, Mr. Sawyer, Mr. Campbell, and the Male Fight or Flight Voice.
The role-play also features two girl actors: Cindy and Misty.
Bully Jake, Eddie, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sawyer, and the Male Fight or Flight Voice have medium-sized to big parts. Misty and Cindy have really small parts.
The rest of the class will take turns reading the parts of Narrator 1 and Narrator 2.
Who is interested in playing these roles? (Either pull names or accept eager student volunteers.)
Other lesson plan links that go with the story
Here are the other lesson plan links that go with this story:
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Story #1 and Story #2
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play #1 and Role-Play #2
- Section 7: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
Free scripted role-play PDF download link
To get the free scripted role-play PDF download link, click the link below. You can download the role-play to your computer, print it off, and duplicate it for the students in your class.
- Free PDF role-play link: Jake tries to rebuild his trust level with others
A paper-saving suggestion
To save paper, you might only want to duplicate ten copies of the role-play and then have your students share the script between them. If you have an overhead projector or some way to project the role-play from the slideshow onto the wall or screen, you could save paper altogether.
Other fight or flight role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Bully Jake and Eddie
- Role-play slideshow: Jake tries to rebuild his trust level with others (see above)
- Role-play slideshow: Tyler chooses between Dennis and Shawn’s gang
- Role-play slideshow: A Mediation session with Shawn, Tyler, and Dennis
- Role-play slideshow: Thicken Your Skin to Put-Downs
- Role-play slideshow: The Mouse Mother
Other anger management role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: Angry Blake
- Role-play slideshow: Sam self-mentors versus psychological warfare
- Role-play slideshow: Control your anger with SPAM
- Role-play slideshow: A role-play that demonstrates the SPAM method
- Role-play slideshow: SPAM and Stairstep Thinking
- Role-play slideshow: Aftermath of the first kiss
- Role-play slideshow: Debbie tries to fix her mistake
- Role-play slideshow: Pranks, Idle Threats, and Promises
- Role-play slideshow: Matt falsely accuses Jonathan of stealing
Other basic needs role-play slideshow links
- Role-play slideshow: A false rumor about Brittany
- Role-play slideshow: It all happened because Mark overslept and missed breakfast
- Role-play slideshow: Conflict happens when your Basic Needs gets messed with
- Role-play slideshow: Oscar the Outcast
- Role-play slideshow: Who will make the Princess laugh?
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: email@example.com