Rod Stewart and Santana will unite for The Voice, The Guitar, The Songs concert on August 19 at Verizon Center.
Two are among music’s most influential hit makers and dynamic live performers, and their tour will unite two musical trailblazers who have helped redefine the sound of popular music for the last five decades through their combined love of rock, soul, world rhythms, funk, jazz and blues.
Rod Stewart is known for
• In a career spanning more than five decades, he has amassed sales of more than 150 million albums worldwide and has countless chart-topping hits and industry accolades - including two inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
• In 2007, he was bestowed Commander of the British Empire (CBE) by the Queen of England.
• In May 2013, Stewart released Time, his first rock album in a dozen years, on Capitol Records. The album features 11 original tracks and marks Rod’s return to songwriting after nearly two decades.
Santana is known for
• More than 100 million records and reached more than 100 million fans at concerts worldwide.
• To date, Santana has won 10 GRAMMY ® Awards and three Latin GRAMMY ® Awards. He won a record-tying nine GRAMMYs for a single project for 1999’s Supernatural (including Album of the Year and Record of the Year for “Smooth”).
• He has also received the Billboard Century Award (1996), was ushered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (1998), and received the Billboard Latin Music Awards’ Lifetime Achievement honor (2009).
• Among many other honors, Carlos Santana has also been cited by Rolling Stone as #15 on their list of the “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.”
Additional information can be found at http://www.rodstewart.com/2014/02/26/rod-stewart-santana-summer-tour/