Benzies details the extensive list of details for the GTA Online in the October issue of Game Informer magazine, which includes more than 500 missions.
Working on the idea since Grand Theft Auto 3, Benzies says he and the GTA team wanted to create a world that “consists of everything we’ve done or are going to do then let the player freely move between them.”
“We’ve always wanted to create a world with the complexity of a single-player Grand Theft Auto game with the addition of real players,” Benzies said. “We wanted a world where people could spend years without getting bored of playing the same content over and over.”
“I think we’ve managed to achieve something very close to our dream.”
You can read the full list of online details at CVG, but here’s some of the highlights:
- There are more than 500 missions, both single player and team
- Gamers can play as female characters
- Nearly all activities are available –– heists, missions, robberies, races, etc.
- There’s a crew ranking system and a personal rank
- The character’s phone can be used to take a selfie
- Gamers can shout into a headset for a cashier to hurry up during liquor store robberies, and the game will respond
- A crew leader can share loot with the team or hog it
- Players can kill and steal money from other players, so banking is recommended
- If robbed, you can place a bounty on another players head
GTA 5 will drop in the United States and in Europe on Sept. 17 for Xbox 360 and PS3.