The Rockford Register Star has (23) job openings, that they need to fill immediately. They are the Rock River Valley's Leading Information Source.
(2) full time press operators - night shift 9 pm to 7 am days off vary. The positions will prepare and operate a multi-unit, web-fed offset press to print newspapers and commercial publications according to company specifications. The position requires a HS Diploma/GED and two or more years of pressroom training and large press operation.
(1) full time prepress technician, afternoon/evening shift 2 pm to 10 pm days off vary. The position will perform various job functions to process files for output to CTP platesetters according to job specifications. This includes toning, scanning and other alterations to photos and graphics for various publications as well as classified pagination and orbit pagination. The position requires a HS Diploma/GED and basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat with Enfocus PitStop plug-in as well as Microft office products.
(2) full time packaging equipment set-up/operators, one day shift/one night shift. These positions performs tasks related to the set up and operating of packaging dept. equipment. Also performs tasks related to inserting pre-printed materials and handling bundles. The position requires a HS Diploma/GED and machine set up and operating experience, packaging/mailroom experience preferred.
(2) full time insert coordinators, one day shift/one night shift. These positions coordinate the full life cycle of inserts including, unloading trucks, processes paperwork, forwards samples to advertising, stores in appropriate manner & cycles back to inserter for production run. Position requires a HS Diploma/GED and some dock and forklift experience. Basic computer skills also required.
(1) full time newsprint handler, day shift. This position performs a variety of newsprint handling tasks. Performs daily/monthly newsprint for daily production. Will also operate the newsprint bailer. A HS Diploma/GED is preferred and two years of forklift and clamp truck experience required.
(15) part time production workers, (8 day shift and 7 night shift). These positions perform general packaging tasks related to the inserting of pre-printed materials and handling bundles. A HS Diploma/GED is preferred.
Rockford Register Star wants individuals who have enthusiasm, thrive in a stimulating and creative work environment, consider these opportunities. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Rockford Register Star, Human Resources Dept., 99 E. State Street Rockford, IL 61104. to: email@example.com, or fax to: (815) 961 - 5833
Please do not call by phone.