Rockford is in Northern Illinois, and has a population of 150,000. This
year the teachers were given raises and more benefits. The statistics
will show that employment is at it's highest, and the tax base is low.
Homes haeve been found to be out of compliance with their new worth.
They have been rated by Forbes as one of the worst cities to live in.
The crime rate is up and the unemployment is high. The people and the
citizens are struggling to make a comeback.
- Mr. Dan Woestman an official from the Board of Education gave
- a report that was very bad, but was the truth.
- Haskell School is an all year Elementary School, and the test scores very were very low. If you went to school all year you should have a high high test score. You would not have time to forget what you
- learned in the previous months.
- Galapogos Charter School is a somewhat private school, that
- might have certified teachers, yet their test scores have doubled.
- They had low scores before entering the school. The classes
- are smaller, and that might be the reason for the improvement.
Maybe parents should homeschool their children, or put them in
Private Schools, or Religious Schools. The teachers should be
proficient in teaching the students. They should enjoy teaching
and like the subject, not just teach for money, or a job. The District
should perhaps hire psychologists, or bring in psychiatry to analyze
the problems. Most parents do not have a college degree in education
and that is the reason they go to school. The basic requirement of a
teacher is to love children and to teach them. Poor performance on
a job and the employer would terminate you. You should achieve
the set goals, goals for children learning.