They are the suits and shirts who keep the wheels of commerce rolling but in their secret private lives they get together with fellow corporate entities to rock out. In the spirit of rock and roll in general and garage and basement bands in particular the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum has teamed up with Fortune Magazine and event sponsors that include the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), Gibson Brands, Gig Salad and Fender Premium Audio to unleash corporate rock and roll.
On September 6, 2014 the Museum will play host to the 14th Annual Fortune Battle of the Corporate Bands as the eight top employee bands in the country face off for a live competition. Proceeds from the event will go to benefit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum’s educational activities.
The 2014 FORTUNE Battle of the Corporate Bands finalists include
• “The Toys,” Mattel – El Segundo, CA
• “Kings Of The Phone Age,” Level 3 Communications – Broomfield, Colorado
• “Cleyson Brown Umlimited,” Sprint – Overland Park, Kansas
• “DaVita Blues All Stars,” DaVita – Brentwood, Tennessee
• “Peripheral Vision,” Olympus – Center Valley, Pennsylvania
• “Gwen & The Boys,” Pep Boys – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• “Toy Box,” HelloWorld – Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
• “Toys 2 Men,” Hasbro – Pawtucket, Rhode Island
The Judges for this year’s competition are
• Jeff Carlisi - Founding member of .38 Special
• Ricky Byrd - Former member of Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
• Liberty Devitto – Former drummer for Billy Joel
• Rob Arthur - Keyboards with Peter Frampton
• Antoinette Follet – Editor of Making Music Magazine
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum education activities (which is the recipient of the proceeds from the competition reaches almost a half million people each year through the serious study of the rock music genre. Over the course of the year, the Rock Hall hosts a variety of events that include concerts and “Hall of Fame Series” evenings that feature Rock Hall inductees. Along with this are a series of award winning education programs that reach all ages and classes.
Ticket and further information concerning the competition will be forthcoming at a later date.
About the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc. is the nonprofit organization that exists to educate visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and continuing significance of rock and roll music. It carries out this mission through its operation of a world-class museum that collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets this art form and through its library and archives as well as its educational activities.
FORTUNE is a global leader in business journalism with a worldwide circulation of more than one million and a readership of nearly five million, with major franchises including the FORTUNE 500 and the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For. FORTUNE Live Media extends the brand's mission into live settings, hosting a wide range of annual conferences, including the FORTUNE Global Forum.