From Dec. 13 through Dec. 22, the city of Rochester will be host to an outdoor hockey festival known at as the “Frozen Frontier.” The festival will be held at Frontier Field and be sponsored and presented by the Greater Rochester Area Honda Dealers.
The festival will have multiple outdoor hockey related events, including games featuring the Rochester Americans, Rochester Institute of Technology Men’s and Women’s teams, Section V High School teams, and Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Americans Alumni Teams.
"This will be an exciting week for the city of Rochester, the state of New York and, of course, the game of hockey," said Ted Black, president of the Rochester Americans and Buffalo Sabres. "With more than 10 teams coming from all corners of the state - and from all levels of the game - to play hockey, this will be a tremendous event to showcase the exceptional hockey teams we have in this region. More importantly, it will be a fun and different way to experience hockey. Whether you're a player or a fan watching your favorite team, these games will be the games you'll never forget being a part of."
While other smaller events are likely to take place throughout the 10 days of the festival, the main events and games are as follows.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
• Friday, December 13 (7:00 p.m.): Rochester Americans vs. Lake Erie Monsters
• Saturday, December 14 (12:00 p.m.): RIT Tigers (women) vs. Clarkson Golden Knights
• Saturday, December 14 (7:00 p.m.): RIT Tigers (men) vs. Niagara Purple Eagles
• Sunday, December 15 (1:00 p.m.): Sabres/Amerks Alumni Game
• Saturday, December 21: Section V Rivalry Day - matchups TBA
• Sunday, December 22: Section V Rivalry Day - matchups TBA
Tickets for all Frozen Frontier events will go on sale on Sept. 21 and will be Frontier Field Box Office, over the phone at (585) 423-WING (9464) and online at RedWingsBaseball.com or Amerks.com. Tickets will not be available at the Blue Cross Arena Box Office. After Sept. 21, tickets will also be available at all Rochester Area Wegmans Locations.