Emergency Manager Louis H. Schimmel and the Pontiac City Council held a joint public meeting today in the City Council Chambers of Pontiac City Hall to announce the city is ready to emerge from its financial emergency. Gov. Rick Snyder accepted Schimmel’s resignation and appointed a Receivership Transition Advisory Board including Rochester Hills Finance Director Keith Sawdon.
Rochester Hills is well respected for its financial management and administrative discipline. In 2012 the city received a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the nonprofit Government Finance Officers Association.
Other board members are Schimmel, Deputy Oakland County Executive Bob Daddow and Ed Karyzno, who is administrator of the Michigan Department of Treasury’s Office of Financial Responsibility.
The Local Emergency Financial Assistance Loan Board appointed an Emergency Financial Manager for the City of Pontiac on March 19, 2009. The Board was originally led by State Treasurer Andy Dillon until September 11, 2011 when Louis Schimmel was appointed the City of Pontiac Emergency Manager under Public Act 4 by Governor Rick Snyder.
Learning more about Rochester Hills
- Best place to buy a computer.
- Best Italian restaurant.
- Best place to change a taillight.
- Best place to buy a mattress.
Books about Rochester and Rochester Hills
- Rochester and Rochester Hills, part of the images of America series.
- Earth Eyes, Rochester Hills, Michigan: Including Rochester Hills’ history, Thelma G. Spencer Park, Leader Dogs for the Blind, Crittenton Hospital and more.
- A Pitch in Time, the story of baseball in Rochester written by Robert Lytle, owner of Lytle Pharmacy in downtown Rochester.