There is an opportunity for businesses within the Rochester Consolidated School District to help high school students and receive complimentary website work or to develop a social presence. The school announced the need through the Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce today.
According to the school district a web development and social media class at Rochester High School is an incubator for students to learn about web design, e-commerce and how to build a presence in social media.
They are looking for local businesses to build partnerships with. Specifically they say they need businesses that would like some help creating a Facebook page or help developing an existing page. Selected business will receive eight to 10 hours of free online work by the students.
If you are interested in working with high school students on your social media presence the school requests you contact Karen Malsbury at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday December 20th, 2013.
Learning more about Rochester Hills
- Best place to buy a computer.
- Best Italian restaurant.
- Best place to change a taillight.
- Best place to buy a mattress.
Books about Rochester and Rochester Hills
- “Rochester and Rochester Hills”, part of the images of America series.
- “Earth Eyes, Rochester Hills, Michigan”: Including Rochester Hills’ history, Thelma G. Spencer Park, Leader Dogs for the Blind, Crittenton Hospital and more.
- “A Pitch in Time”, the story of baseball in Rochester written by Robert Lytle, owner of Lytle Pharmacy in downtown Rochester.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons. Paperback, Kindle, Apple or Nook.