With two weeks left before Halloween, local events are kicking into high gear, providing plenty of variety for children of all ages. From indoor trick-or-treating at the mall or Strong Museum to a night out without the kids, there is something for everyone going on this weekend and next.
- October 25th-The Mall at Greece Ridge-Enjoy Halloween activities throughout the mall from 5:00-7:00PM next Friday and join in free arts and crafts with Michaels near Entrance 9.
- October 31st-Strong National Museum of Play-Bring toddlers in for trick-or-treating fun from 10:00AM-2:00PM on Halloween day and get the chance to meet some favorite characters, dance and play games.
- Seneca Park Zoo Boo-See full review article here.
- Garden Factory-Enjoy fall activities Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00AM-4:00PM through the end of October. Admission is free, but most activities and rides require purchase of tickets.
- Jack O’ Lantern Weekend at Gro-Moore Farms-From 11:00AM-4:00PM next Saturday and Sunday (10/26 & 10/27), come out for pumpkin related festivities including sing-a-longs and pumpkin contest.
- Stoke Farms-Great activities abound throughout Stoke Farms including train, petting zoo and a corn maze. Hours are 10:00AM-5:00PM through the end of the month on Sundays and Saturdays.
- Brown’s Berry Patch-Apples and pumpkins are the name of the game at Brown’s Berry Patch in Waterport. Open every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00AM-5:0PM with fun for the whole family.
- Powers Farm Market-Bring the whole family out to Powers in Pittsford for hay rides, giant teepees and huge selections of pumpkins. Open daily at least until 6:30PM, extended hours on the weekend.
- Holiday Hollow at Halloween-For a little bit longer ride out to Corfu, NY, experience the Holiday Hollow from 11:00AM-5:00PMon Saturdays and Sundays. Enjoy gifts shops, great food, shows and a dark maze.
Fun For Parents (leave the kids at home):
- Landmark Society Ghost Walk-This is an excellent opportunity to learn a bit about Rochester and Western New York history in some wonderful outdoor theater. Next Friday and Saturday evening from 6:15-9:00PM, join the tours departing every 10 minutes. Tickets and more information available online.
- Haunted Hayrides of Greater Rochester-This is definitely not a place to bring the little ones but can be a night of great fun for mom and dad to get away from the kids for a bit. Along with the hayride, enjoy the Screamatorium, the Hellevator, Spinning Tunnel, 3D Maze, and Mummy Theatre.