The Rochester Amerks, the American Hockey League farm team to the Buffalo Sabres, play two pre-season games in advance of the 2013-14 season, both against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. On Wednesday, September 25th, the teams meet at Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex at Monroe Community College, and on Friday, September 27th, the Amerks travel to Pennsylvania to take on the Pens at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza; both games start at 7:05 p.m.
The city of Rochester will be hosting a 10-day outdoor hockey festival in December at Frontier Field, home of the Rochester Red Wings Triple-A baseball team. The festival will be highlighted by the first outdoor AHL game between the Amerks and the Lake Erie Monsters, who are based in Cleveland, Ohio. The Frozen Frontier presented by Rochester Area Honda Dealers takes place Friday, December 13th through Sunday, December 22nd, with six events already on the schedule:
· Friday, December 13th – Amerks v. Monsters – 7 p.m.
· Saturday, December 14th – RIT Tigers women’s team v. Clarkson Golden Knights – noon
· Saturday, December 14th – RIT Tigers men’s team v. Niagara Purple Eagles – 7 p.m.
· Sunday, December 15th – Buffalo Sabres/Rochester Amerks Alumni Game – 1 p.m.
· Saturday, December 21st – Section V High School Rivalry Day – TBA
· Sunday, December 22nd – Section V High School Rivalry Day – TBA
Tickets for all Frozen Frontier events go on sale Saturday, September 21st at Frontier Field – no tickets will be available for purchase at the Blue Cross Arena. After September 21st, tickets will also be available at Rochester-area Wegmans and online at www.tickets.com.
More information, as it becomes available, will be found at www.amerks.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com