Robert Wagner has been accused of being responsible for the death of actress Natalie Wood by the former yacht captain Dennis Davern, who claims he knows what really happened on the night Wood's went missing according to Friday, Jan. 18 Contact Music reports.
While Dennis Davern has busy calling out Robert Wagner to the police, so far Robert Wagner is not a suspect in Natalie Wood's death, not yet anyway, according to the police detectives assigned to the case. But, Robert Wagner has also declined to speak to the detectives for now.
The police previously announced that they would be re-investigating the circumstances and events that led up to Natalie Wood's mysterious drowning.
Over 30-years ago the body of actress Natalie Wood was found a mile away from the yacht she had been aboard with Wagner and Christopher Walken in California, 1981, reports BBC News.
At first Natalie Wood's death was presumed to be a tragic accident, even though the case was reopened in 2011 after the yacht's captain Dennis Davern spilled what he claims to be as the truth behind Wood's death, telling numerous American television shows that he heard the Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood couple arguing on the night of her disappearance.
Robert Wagner suggested that Natalie must have slipped into the water after reaching overboard to tie down a lifeboat,
Natalie Wood was known to be terrified by water. Wagner's camp spokesperson Blair Berk stated that Robert Wagner had nothing to hide;
"Mr Wagner has fully co-operated over the last 30 years in the investigation of the accidental drowning of his wife in 1981. He has been interviewed on multiple occasions by the Los Angeles sheriff's department and answered every single question asked of him by detectives during those interviews," read a statement.
Detectives began re-investigating the case in November 2011. Since then investigators have interviewed more than 100 people, but Wagner has refused and Corina said the actor's representatives have not given any reason for his silence.
The Huffington Post reported that the detective's remarks provided new insight into the case that has remained one of Hollywood's enduring mysteries. It detailed why Wood's death had been reclassified from an accidental drowning to a drowning caused by "undetermined factors."
The L.A. County Sheriff's Department's Lieutenant John Corina has revealed that detectives have reached out nearly a dozen times to talk with Robert Wagner,but have been denied on each account. He said: "Most of the people we've talked to were never talked to 30 years ago. We've got a lot of new information."
"All we can do is collect the facts," he said. "We're still trying to collect all the facts."
Do you think that Robert Wagner should be considered a suspect in Natalie Wood's death case?