Here’s a bit of bizarre news: robbers in Australia got a huge shock when they broke into a KFC thinking it was a jewelry store, only to realize the establishment served fried chicken and not freshly cut diamonds.
Of course, the robbers still decided to rob the place anyway.
According to Yahoo, two robbers in Brisbane, Australia dug a tunnel “Prison Break” style into a KFC. With the thieves having thought they’d hit a jewelry store, they were surprised to reach the surface and find people buying buckets of fast-food chicken.
In the end, the robbers decided to save face and still rob the restaurant. They left with roughly $2,700.
The robbers are said to have "smashed their way through a wall in a communal toilet block tunnel, hoping to enter Wrights Jewellers." Oddly enough, the robbers have a history of doing this sort of thing, having once accidentally tunneled their way into Animal Welfare League Opportunity Shop.
The two misguided thieves have since been arrested by police.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1) Ke$ha's song pulled from radio, singer apologizes on Twitter
2) Katt Williams says he slapped Target employee over N-word slur
3) Tantrum over burger in McDonald's leads to assault charges
4) Boy gets $6.9 million after being molested in 2008
5) 9-year-old rapper releases Sandy Hook song 'Stop Da Violence'
6) Crocodile leaps at the face of a swimming tourist (VIDEO)
7) NRA's Facebook page goes dark after CT school shooting
8) Watch the touching tribute to CT school shooting victims by NBC's 'The Voice'
9) Joseline of 'Love and Hip Hop Atlanta' dances on a stripper pole
10) Rapper Tyga crashes is Lamborghini, then snaps a photo of the wrecked car
11) Spike Lee rips into 'Django Unchained,' but hasn't watched the movie
12) Was the Ryan Lanza Facebook page really all just a hoax?
13) Bethenny Frankel to separate from her husband after 2 years
14) Andruw Jones arrested for battery on Christmas Day
15) Could Piers Morgan be deported for his gun control comments?
16) Ann Curry begging NBC to fire her?
17) Fantasia releases anti-gay statement on Instagram, then recants it