With the Holidays right around the corner, we are all searching for something new to make for our family and friends. Here is a great recipe from Chef Eric, for you to try!
To purchase organic and fresh ingredients in Raleigh, NC, shop: Trader Joes
Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Gorgonzola Cheese Bruschetta
Yield: 40 Pieces
- Red Peppers, roasted and peeled: 6 each
- Gorgonzola cheese: 6 ounces
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Baguette, sliced: 2 each
- Salt and pepper: 1/2 teaspoon each
1. Roast the peppers over a direct flame until black. Place the peppers in a container and cover. Let the peppers stand, covered, until cool enough to handle.
2. Remove the skin from the peppers. Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and membranes. Slice the peppers into 1/2 inch strips and place them in a clean bowl. Coat the peppers with oil, salt and pepper.
3. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Slice the baguette into 1/4 inch wide slices and brush the slices with olive oil. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, or until the bread is crispy.
4. Top the bread slices with peppers and crumbled cheese. Return to the oven and increase temperature to 500 degrees. Bake until the cheese is melted. Serve.
- CHEFERIC@CULINARYCLASSROOM.COM 2366 Pelham Avenue - Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Phone: 310-470-2640 - Fax: 310-470-2642 WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/CHEFERICSCULINARYCLASSROOM